Publish Notes from 2012-08-30
Publish Notes from 2012-08-30
August 31, 2012
Anniversary items for the 15th Anniversary of Ultima Online have been added. Considering these are a gift from us to you, we will drop a few sneak peaks in the upcoming weeks.
- All Characters older than 30 days will be eligible to receive Anniversary Items beginning September 1st, 2012 and ending September 30th, 2012
List of Anniversary Gifts
- Harpsichord and Harpsichord Rolls
- Heritage Token (due to request for ladders)
- Sands of Sosaria (16 unique historical items, hint: dbl click them when you pick one)
- 3 exploding muffins (just for something to go boom)
- A new Anniversary Cake has 10 pieces of cake each. Careful once you eat all the pieces the cake will disappear.
Despise Dungeon Revamp
This was the premise for the two brothers which serve as the Boss mobs in dungeon Despise:
Two brothers, both well learned in the arcane arts, lusted for the same woman. She was but a simple maiden, tending to the ranches dotting Britannian countryside, her beauty, however, was without equal. Both men knew should they compete against one another, neither would succeed in bearing fruit with such beauty. So the brothers conspired, and began to corrupt the very fabric of her love. Together the brothers conjured a powerful Polymorph spell to transfigure themselves into the perfect man for the maiden to love. For months they would deceive her love, the maiden unknowingly accomplice to a corrupt triangle. Finally, she gave birth to twins. Despite the powerful magics the brothers used to pursue their ruse, the mother's love for her children was too great and the brother's trickery was uncovered. Outraged at such a thing the maiden cast away her lovers forever, cursing them to the Abyss. As the twins grew and their mother aged they would learn of her hate towards their fathers. As each twin grew to adulthood and became their own man, they would blame the other for their own father's fate, and come to despise one another. Already practiced in their fathers' art and fully possessing their arcane talent the twins began bartering with the mysterious Wisps. Eventually each convinced the Wisps to conjure an army with which to destroy the other. Their mother, bearing witness to this feud and knowing the dangers of the likely outcome, pleaded with her sons to reconcile. Corrupt with rage, there was no foregoing their anger and so she mediated at the Shrine of Compassion, hoping in her heart of hearts for her sons to end the feud. As she meditated a mysterious Wisp appeared to her and in an instant an eternal pact was struck. The mother's love was enough to save Britannia from impending war, but her sons, filled with despise would be cast there forever…
- Note that this new content is on Trammel only
- There is a mysterious wisp near the entrance to Despise. Double-click it to have a conversation and learn something of the new dungeon content.
- The top two levels of the dungeon are now aligned to Good and Evil and are at war.
- Look for the stone ankh inside the dungeon, and use it to commune with a Wisp.
- Your purpose is to help out your side in the war by building and training your army.
- The strongest army will periodically be transported to the Final Battle in the depths of Despise.
- Collect Putrid Hearts (the Dungeon Crystals of Despise) and spend them with the Mysterious Wisp on powerful rewards.
- The Final Fight can yield new artifacts!
- Siege only – Artifacts will drop on the Covetous mobs and Cora.
- Compassion's Eye
- Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals / Unicorn Mane Woven Talons
- Human: Sandals
- Gargoyle: Leather Talons
- Random Damage Eater 2%* Unforgiven Quiver / Unforgiven Veil
- Human: Large Quiver
- Human: War Fork
- Gargoyle: Gargish War Fork
Cleanup Britannia Dyes
Two new and two old dyes have been added to the Clean up Britannia Collection.
Players may choose the following dyes:
- Black and Green Pigment
- Shadowy Blue Pigment
- Vibrant Crimson Pigment
- Reflective Shadow Pigment
Halloween Masks Added
Two new Halloween Masks have been added. Beware of the pumpkin patch between October 1st, 2012 and November 10th, 2012
New Casino Games
- Visit the Fortune's Fire Casino at the base of the volcano on Fire Isle
- See the Cashier to buy Casino Chips or to cash out your winnings. The exchange rate is 100 gold for 1 chip
- Bet your Chips with one of the two dealers in the Dice Tent:
- Enjoy a mug o' Fortune's Fire Grog, and don't forget to tip your waitress
Some of you asked for this type of NPC and here it is. We have added a Steward to the Clean up Britannia system, it will cost 10,000 points, and we have replaced the Bless Deed with the Steward. Below are the requirements for using one.
- Requires 125 house item storage and one vendor slot to place.
- Can only be placed in public houses
- Can be named
- Can be dressed
- Can be programmed using key words to hand items out to other players when the correct word or phrase is spoken.
- The rockslides preventing passage into Central Ilshenar have been cleared.
- Act II of the Awakening has been disabled.
- The Afflicted Gargoyles of Ter Mur have been healed.
- Seed Boxes will now hold up to 300 unique seeds and 5000 total seeds.
- Rare hued vanilla plants are available from completing the Naturalist Quest.
- Lava Lobster Traps will now retain the correct name when returned from buoy form.
- City Raiders have been added to the Brigand Fort between Yew and Britain.
- Ghosts will no longer get stuck in the Experimental Room within the Underworld.
- The maximum price of an item on a player-run vendor is now 175,000,000gp
- Players who kill certain creatures in other parts of Covetous will no longer receive score credit on the Void Pool scoreboard.
- Removed the restriction for the Advanced Character Token and the Mythic Token on Siege.
- Increased the artifact drop chance on Cora from 10% to 30%
- Mannequins and stewards cannot equip Holy and Vile items on Siege Perilous /Mugen
- Mannequins can now wear faction armor.
- Infected gargoyles will no longer spawn.
- The raiders will no longer spawn in Ilshenar and/or Malas.
- Players should no longer be teleported into invalid locations when answering the Call to Arms.
- Players should no longer be ejected from the Despise boss encounter if they enter specific regions of Despise Level 4.
- Negative karma inhabitants of Despise will no longer aggress onto negative karma players, however they will still fight back if attacked.
- Andros and Adrian encounter changes:
- There should now be a leash on their wisp lieutenants.
- There should now be a 5 minutes notification before the Doom Spell is casted.
- Players will now be given 5 minutes to loot and will no longer be teleported back to their base immediately after the encounter.
- If a players possessed minion is conscripted more than 1 minute after Call to Arms is answered, they will not be transported to the battlefield and will need to wait until the next Call to Arms is called.
- Conscriptions will only be accepted for one minute after the Call to Arms. If you conscript after a Call to Arms is answered, then you will have to wait until the next Call to Arms.
- When players fail to slay Andros or Adrian the Doom Spell will now be cast properly.