Newsletter 12: December 14, 2016
- 1 Newsletter 12: December 14, 2016
- 1.1 Tis the Season!
- 1.2 Doom Upgrades
- 1.3 Question & Answer Corner
- 1.4 Customer Service
The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
Tis the Season!
The Holidays are right around the corner and the UO Team would like to take this time to wish everyone a very Happy Holidays! Be safe, be well, and enjoy your family - and plenty of Ultima Online! We have been busy on Publish 96, which will include a Doom Boss & Artifact Upgrade. Read on below for a sneak peak as to what is going on.
We are also adding new items to the Ultima Store. This month, we've added two styles of world tree tiles to decorate your houses with. We'll also be adjusting the perspective of this and other circular tiles to better mesh with existing circular objects within the game world. In January, we will be adding our first vanity mount - Lasher! Look forward to some new fiction that introduces this new creature to Britannia.
Our Dev Meet and Greets will resume in January with Chesapeake on January 9th at 7 pm ET and Izumo on January 23rd at 9 am ET.
We are also working on the Pet Revamp that will be part of Publish 97. We have gotten your emails and feedback as to the direction of the revamp so please continue to send us your feedback on the pet revamp!
We are also encouraging everyone to check out the latest combat changes and send their feedback.
We would like to thank everyone for another great year and look forward to an exciting 2017 in Ultima Online!
See you in Britannia,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
The first pass of upgrades to Doom will be released on TC1 shortly. This first pass includes upgrades to Doom Artifacts. You can read about the new upgrades here and be sure to send us your feedback!
The next phase will be upgrading the AIs of the Gauntlet Mini-bosses as well as adding new stealables. Be sure to check these out as they get released on TC1 in the early parts of 2017!
Question & Answer Corner
1. Can we add new BOD covers to match the new BOD's add to the game?
Of course this is a great suggestion, we will do this in the future and add those to the store.
2. A player from Hokuto asked about the point loss and basically redoing the Moonglow Zoo system.
This is not on our schedule to redo it at this point but we do agree it could use a little love to improve it. We will keep it in mind for future projects.
3. A player from Wakoku asked if we could put in a tool that allows you to brand your pet to make it unique.
We have added a Pet Branding tool that allows you to add text under the name of the pet in Blue, the tool will be sold in the in game store in an upcoming month.
1. If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
2. All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game.
3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to [email protected] so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
4. Anyone that does not get their codes from Origin please follow this link to resolve the issue..
5. If you have any in game questions or issues please either page in game or email [email protected]
6. For any feedback to content put in game please send it to [email protected]
7. Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link: 
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.