Newsletter 14: February 8, 2017
The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our Web site.
Publish 96 Worldwide Release
I am happy to announce we will be publishing Publish 96 to our Japanese shards tonight during their normal maintenance and the US shards will receive it during their normal schedule maintenance times. We appreciate all the great feedback we have received from everyone, please keep it coming.
February's Dev Meet and Greet schedule this month will be Siege Perilous on February 13th at 7pm ET and Mizuho on February 27th at 9 am ET. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
We want to wish everyone in Britannia a happy Valentine's Day! For those love birds who want to tie the knot we have a new item in the Ultima Store, the Wedding Package. You can check out more details about the Wedding Package below!
You will soon see a new Event Moderator on Oceania, Chesapeake, and Siege Perilous, so please welcome them to your shards when you see them.
We are well underway working on Publish 97. The major feature release for Pub 97 is the long anticipated pet revamp. More details will be available as we move through the development process, up front I can tell you we have new creatures to tame, new ways to train and customize pets, and new viable options for pets beyond just a greater dragon!
On a final note I want to let everyone know that we are checking popular areas for those that are unattended macroing. If a GM appears I highly suggest you speak to him immediately, this will be your only advanced warning.
See you in Britannia,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
New Ultima Store Item - The Wedding Package
This month we have added The Wedding Package to the Ultima Store! The package includes everything you need to celebrate your special day - or to fancy up your next party!
The base package includes:
- Special buffet & cocktail tables with seating to match
- A choice of 3 botanical archways
- A choice of 8 wedding cakes
- Two specialty bouquets
- Two specialty candelabras
- A chocolate fountain that dispenses chocolate strawberries
- Bride and Groom outfits including dress, tuxedo and engraveable cake toppers
For those with extended needs for seating an addon package is available that includes extra tables, chairs, bouquets, and candelabras. You can find these and other great items on the Ultima Store!
Do you have what it takes to run the gauntlet? For too long the creatures of the Gauntlet have been slain by those brave enough to challenge the depths of Dungeon Doom. The Dark Father is more powerful and sinister than ever and beckons all those brave enough to challenge he and his minions!
In addition, new treasures can be stolen from within the depths of Dungeon Doom by those sneaky enough to make it in and out alive. Challenge the Gauntlet today!
Question & Answer Corner
- 1. What is an acceptable time limit between a Game Master talking to you and you answering before you are assumed that you are unattended macroing?
- You have approx 5 seconds from the time the GM talks to you to answer him. All GM's will become visible which should indicate to you that they are there for a reason.
- 2. A player from Izumo asked if we could give out water tiles.
- No we will not be giving out water tiles but we are going to come up with a few small pond designs to give out in the future.
- 3 . A player from Izumo asked if we could put the bone containers back this coming Halloween back in the game.
- Sure that is simple to do, we will be happy to add those for this upcoming Halloween.
- 4. A player from Izumo asked if we could put in craftable wooden walls.
- Yes we can add that to a future publish but our schedule is pretty tight so do not expect it anytime soon.
- 5. A player from Izumo asked if we could add the ability to search for Auction Safes in the vendor search.
- Yes this is something we can do thanks for the suggestion.
- If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support Here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
- All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game.
- Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to [email protected] so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
- Anyone that does not get their codes from Origin please follow this link to resolve the Issue..
- If you have any in game questions or issues please either page in game or email [email protected]
- For any feedback to content put in game please send it to [email protected]
- Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link:
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for. EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at your leisure at our Account Center at []. Unfortunately, Broadsword Support cannot assist with potential EA Account issues or passwords, please follow the steps below.
To reset your EA Account password:
- Please visit []
- At the EA.com page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
- If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here, []
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD UPDATE
To update your credit card information, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Account Center ([]) with your EA Account email and its password
- Select the 'Subscriptions' tab
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for
- Select the 'Subscribe' button
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use and continue
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AT THE CENTER
How to create an account or log into my account?
How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center with my EA Account credentials?
Additional support links and videos: