Newsletter 2: February 1, 2016
- 1 Newsletter 2: February 1, 2016
- 1.1 Publish 92
- 1.2 A Valley of One
- 1.3 Common Customer Service Issues
- 1.3.1 EA account password requirements
- 1.3.2 EA account password reset
- 1.3.3 EA account password errors and issues
- 1.3.4 How to log into the Account Management page
- 1.3.5 Locked out of the Account Management page
- 1.3.6 Changing credit card information
- 1.3.7 Origin store purchase issues
- 1.3.8 Code entry issues
- 1.4 Question & Answer Corner
- 1.4.1 1. Can you fix items that are stackable that won’t go on a vendor after a transfer?
- 1.4.2 2. Why was the loot in shame nerfed in publish 86.3, why is loot on unbound EVs not as good as it used to be?
- 1.4.3 3. Is it possible to add “Granite Only” to shovels.
- 1.4.4 4. Is it possible to add stained glass windows?
- 1.4.5 5. Can we remove the lack of cohesion timer from resurrecting pets?
- 1.4.6 6. Can you adjust enchanted apples to remove more than one debuff at a time?
- 1.4.7 7. When will gargoyles be given the chance to get the 5% mining bonus?
The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site].
We are happy to announce the next publish will be early March. In this publish we will have new quest content , bug fixes, and new art. We've included some questions and answers that we have encountered in our Meet and Greets on each shard along with some of the more common questions players are asking Customer Service.
The team is very excited about changes upcoming this year and we will give more details in our next newsletter and on UO.com, so stay tuned!
For everyone that has a house that is ten or more years old and wants to join the Ultima Online Historical Housing Society, please contact me at [email protected]
On a side note, we would like to congratulate the Syndicate on celebrating its 20th year milestone as a guild! If any other guilds have an upcoming major anniversary please let me know so we can share the accomplishment with the rest of the Ultima Online community. It's organizations like this that help keep our community going strong. Thanks to everyone for the support!
We wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day and thank you for playing UO!
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
A Valley of One
This spring we will continue the exploration of the Valley of Eodon! Many adventurers have visited the Valley, seeking to profit from its bountiful resources. The indigenous peoples of Eodon have not taken kindly to the Britannian invasion, yet a larger and more sinister threat is on the horizon. This Spring join us as we further encounter with the Tribes of Eodon and we find out the answer to an important question, what will it take to gain their trust?
An excerpt from the journal of Professor Ellie Rafkin,
The dim light from the campfire flickered against the canvass tent. In the still of night the jungle was alive with the howls of monkeys and the singing of crickets. A gentle breeze rustled the fronds of nearby palms. Even though it had been months since I'd left the Lycaeum, the jungles of Eodon still made me uneasy. I had seen such beauty in the Valley during my time here. Brilliant fauna gave Eodon character and intimacy. Meandering streams cutting through the verdant landscape made it feel alive and fertile. In the distance the towering caldera of a great volcano smoked confidently, owing to its wise past. On the surface, Eodon appeared inviting and warm, but a foreign and present danger lay hidden beneath.
I had been fortunate enough to only encounter the Myrmidex once. A gleam of sunshine had caught my eye, the reflection from their chitonous exoskeleton. Before I could focus on what I was seeing my escort let out a bellowing war cry and brought his axe down in front of me. The axe cut through the air and landed squarely in the thorax of the Myrmidex warrior. Greenish hemolymph oozed from the wound as the creature struggled and writhed. I tried to turn away but my curiosity drew me in. The creature was large, nearly twice the size of a man, insectoid in appearance with elongated, jointed appendages. The unmistakable crimson of blood spattered a set of pincers protruding from the head. As I moved closer to get a better look my escort cleaved his axe through the air once more, this time decapitating the beast. More greenish ooze leaked from the creature's neck and pooled onto the jungle floor.
I had not seen a Myrmidex since that day. I would come to learn the Myrmidex were a mostly subterranean species, coming to the surface only on occasion to hunt for food to return to the hive. Eodon was full of surprises and each day was rich with discovery. Such work had made me tired, a welcome benefit as it made it easier to fall asleep and assuage my unease. Just as I felt my mind begin to drift to the land of nod the jungle fell silent. Seconds later a chilling scream echoed throughout the Valley...
Common Customer Service Issues
EA account password requirements
The password must be 8-16 characters and include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and a number
EA account password reset
Please visit 
- At the EA.com page you need to enter the email you use to log into your EA Account in order to change its password.
- If you do not have an EA Account, you will need to create one.
- If you receive an error message or no password reset email, please visit  for helpful information.
EA account password errors and issues
If you receive an ‘error processing your request’ or do not receive a link to reset your EA account password, you will need to contact EA support for further assistance. Visit  and choose the ‘contacting us’ option to speak with an agent.
How to log into the Account Management page
To access the Account Management page, you will need to use your EA account email and password. Locate the “Already have an account?” section and input your email in the ‘Account Name’ section and the associated password in the ‘Password’ section. Remember that your EA or Origin account username and Ultima Online client login information cannot be used to access the Account Management page.
Locked out of the Account Management page
This typically occurs when an incorrect password is used multiple times. Contact the Billing department at  so it may be investigated.
Changing credit card information
In order to edit, remove, or update your credit card information, please follow the below instructions:
- Login to the Account Center with your EA Account.
- Select the 'subscriptions' tab.
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for.
- Select the 'subscribe' button.
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use.
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button.
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
Origin store purchase issues
If you did not receive a code, cannot log into the Origin store, cannot make purchases on the Origin store, or any other Origin store issues, please contact EA support for further assistance. Visit  and choose Origin as your product.
Code entry issues
If you are experiencing an issue with entering a code for an item or token, please review the following:
- Ensure that you are entering your code in-game and not at the Account Management page
- Some codes have recently been sent out using an incorrect placement of the dashes. Please check the following and make sure the codes are entered using this exact format. If you have to alter the code, please do so then try entering it again. Six characters followed by a dash, then every five characters must be separated by a dash.
- Please be very careful when entering your code to ensure accuracy as 1s, Ls, and Is are sometimes hard to differentiate when typing in codes, and any incorrect letter will cause the code to fail.
Question & Answer Corner
1. Can you fix items that are stackable that won’t go on a vendor after a transfer?
This has been fixed in the upcoming publish. All stackable items that are not vendorable will be reverted. It is much easier to handle this issue via a global fix than trying to do each piece separate.
2. Why was the loot in shame nerfed in publish 86.3, why is loot on unbound EVs not as good as it used to be?
The global loot changes normalized the distribution of loot across all creatures in game, and made the generation of higher end items more randomized. Factors such as mob difficulty and luck will produce an intensity range from which items are created. As items increase in intensity, the likelihood those items will get a negative property applied increases.
3. Is it possible to add “Granite Only” to shovels.
We will be adding a granite only option to shovels in Publish 92.
4. Is it possible to add stained glass windows?
After speaking to the artists this is doable, we can give the glassblowers the option to make a single or multi tile stained glass window that players can dye.
5. Can we remove the lack of cohesion timer from resurrecting pets?
For those players that have the veterinary skill, the resurrection timer is ten seconds. For non-veterinary pet resurrections, the timer is 10 minutes. We think that an appropriate middle ground would be to allow instant resurrection of pets that fall below a certain power threshold. This would allow players to immediately reclaim low level pets (such as mounts) while still giving some benefit to the investment in the veterinary skill for higher level pets. We look forward to feedback on this proposed change.
6. Can you adjust enchanted apples to remove more than one debuff at a time?
Changes to enchanted apples are currently in the pipeline and are being evaluated for balance by QA, we hope to have a change to enchanted apples in Publish 92. Be sure to check them out on Test Center and provide us your feedback!
7. When will gargoyles be given the chance to get the 5% mining bonus?
We will be adding the ability to exchange current mining bonus gloves for an equivalent gargoyle item in Publish 92.