Patch Notes from 2005-10-24
Patch Notes from 2005-10-24
- Improved the way object handles display names
- Tracking arrow now lines up better with target in 2D client
- The chat window now minimizes instead of closes when a player dies in 2D client
- The sounds slider bar in the options menu now works correctly
- Ambient jungle sounds no longer persist when you leave the jungle
- Players and creatures will no longer disappear when a frame of animation cannot be found. This change addresses several issues such as:
- Players horse disappears when they are fishing while mounted
- Parrot disappears when it squawks
- Player disappears while lumberjacking in Horrific Beast form (2D client)
- Fixed a few spots in Ilshenar that were too dark
- Fixed a trailing issue for players riding beetles while wearing a wizard’s hat
- Revenants will now display correctly display the equipment they are wearing
- Fixed an issue where the party looting rights toggle did not always display the correct information
- The Abattoir house add-on no longer disappears when the OmitBlood option is enabled.
- The skills list now closes correctly when you hit the back button during character creation
- Bumped the client version letter
- Fixed missing water and lava tiles, as well as made various other map fixes
- Fixed art on the Elven Wash Basin (south)
- Tall Elven Beds no longer clip second floor tiles
- Flowered hairstyle now has a flower in 3D client
- Carpets now show up correctly on the 2nd floor of the Britain Library
- Characters who equip a repeating crossbow no longer have a black dot show up on their forehead in their paperdoll
- Fixed a clipping issue with Leaf Tonlets in 3D client
- Gold no longer falls through certain floor tiles
- Spiked hair no longer clips through certain helmets
- Mounted player no longer sits to the side of a Cu Sidhe
- String of Shells is no longer visible through upper floors when placed on a lower floor
Some of these changes will not be visible until Publish 37 is active on all shards.
If patched correctly, your current version will display 5.0.1d for the 2D client and 5.0.1c for the 3D client. If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.