Publish Notes from 2014-07-17
Publish Notes from 2014-07-17
Publish 86 to TC1
Posted on July 17, 2014 by UO Dev Team
We are publishing to TC1 tonight, please make sure you give us your feedback and check often for the updates to the systems . We have chosen the first round of advisors (counselors) and emails will be going out next week to notify everyone of the shards you will be assigned to and when I hope to be able to robe you on TC1 so we can get you trained.
Thank you with your patience with us and happy hunting!
Vice vs Virtue – Phase I
We are very excited to bring you the first iteration of Vice vs Virtue! Please understand this the first release of the system to Test Center and as such, you may encounter bugs and everything is subject to change. You can send feedback, as well as bug reports to [email protected].
Here’s what to expect!
- Visit the VvV signup stone located at the Yew gate in Felucca.
- In order to sign up for VvV you must be in a guild and your guild master must have already signed up for VvV.
- When joining VvV you will be automatically joined into an arbitrary faction. This is only for testing purposes, as some messages use existing faction tools.
- Once you have joined VvV you will receive status updates when you login/are logged into the game that will tell you one of the following:
- A battle is active, and which city the battle is happening in
- A battle has concluded and there is cool down period
- A battle has concluded and more players are needed to start the match
- A battle has started, and which city that battle is occurring
- When you enter an active battle city, a status Gump will display the current scores of the top 3 scoring guilds out of those participating, as well as your guild’s score.
- Guard zones are disabled in an active VvV Battle region and there should be no restrictions on spells.
- The objective is be the first guild to score enough points to win the match, progress is tracked by the status bar.
- You can score points by,
- Being the only guild that is occupying the city
- You must be alive, and not in a house or on a ship to be counted
- Killing players of opposing guilds
- There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills
- Stealing and returning the sigil to the Priests of Vice and Virtue
- Being the only guild that is occupying the city
- A sigil will spawn after a random amount of time following the start of the match in 1 of 5 predetermined locations.
- When the sigil icon (located at the bottom of the battle status Gump) lights up, the sigil has spawned.
- The sigil can be found by a passive detecting hidden check with a detecting hidden skill greater than 80.0%, you will receive a message indicating “Your keen senses detect something hidden in the area…”
- The sigil can then be revealed using an active detecting hidden check.
- Once revealed the sigil can be stolen by a thief with a minimum of 100.0% skill using the stealing skill.
- The sigil cannot be removed from the VvV battle region. If it is removed another will spawn after a random time.
- At that time Priests of Vice and Virtue will spawn in the city.
- Return the sigil to either Priest to score points for your team!
- At the conclusion of the battle players in the battle region will receive a Gump showing some basic stat progression.
- For testing purposes, you can get some free traps to test by visiting the Trap-O-Matic stone at the Yew moongate.
- Traps can be placed inside an active VvV battle region and come in two deployment varieties, proximity and tripwire.
- Proximity traps detonate when a valid target enters the detonation radius around the trap and cause moderate damage.
- Tripwire traps detonate when a valid target steps on the tripwire line and cause heavy damage.
- Traps have a variety of damage packages including,
- Explosion – causes equal parts fire and physical damage
- Poison – causes poison damage and poisons the target
- Cold – causes cold damage and paralyzes the target
- Energy – causes energy damage and prevents healing for a short period
- Blades – causes physical damage and puts a bleed effect on the target
- The number of traps that can be placed inside a VvV battle region is capped at 20.
- Traps can be passively detected with a detecting hidden skill of at least 80.0%.
- Traps can be revealed using the detecting hidden skill actively.
- Traps can be disarmed using the remove trap skill actively.
- Successful disarmament of a trap results in the trap being returned to the disarmer, failure results in detonation.
Additional VvV Related Notes
- Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV.
- VvV players will flag orange to other VvV players.
- Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players.
- For the purposes of testing, there are no restrictions on wearing faction gear.
Here’s what’s still in development and what not to expect,
- There are no rewards for earning Silver Points during a VvV match. These are still in development.
- The faction system will not be removed from Test Center in this first pass.
- Score points are arbitrarily rewarded and may not show correctly, as are end of match points.
Trade Ministers will now offer players the ability to deliver goods between cities in exchange for a variety of rewards!
- Players may get an offer for a trade order by accessing the context menu on a City Trade Minister. Trade ministers can be found near the docks or stables in the loyalty cities.
- Upon accepting a trade order players will not be able to magically teleport except for using public moongates with a destination of Felucca.
- Players accepting their first trade order will receive a message from “A friend…”
- Trade orders can be cancelled at any time by selecting “Cancel Trade Order” from the context menu on the trade order container.
- Items required to fill the trade order are generated from the real time inventories of shop keepers in the region.
- Up to five items in varying quantities can be applied to a trade order and are based on the total number of trade orders a player has completed.
- Items may be dropped inside the trade order directly or filled from the top level of the player’s backpack using the “Fill from Backpack” context menu option from the trade order container.
- Trade orders cannot be removed from the player’s backpack and will be destroyed if the player character transfers.
- Each trade order has a destination city indicated in the item property display of the trade order container.
- While delivering the trade order players may be randomly ambushed by monsters.
- Monster difficulty scales based on the stats and skills of the player.
- Killing monsters while delivering a trade order provides a bonus to the amount of gold the destination city treasury receives up to a capped number of kill per delivery.
- Trade orders with greater distances between the origin and destination city will boost the amount of gold deposited to the destination city treasury as well as the amount of resources rewarded.
- When a player successfully returns a filled trade order to the correct destination city’s Trade Minister they have a chance of receiving a variety of rewards including,
- 1 in a set of story books with a unique story from each of the loyalty cities. Each player is eligible for one set of books and will receive a new one each time a book is rewarded.
- A random NPC guild sign
- Random resources for blacksmithing, carpentry, tailoring, and imbuing
- A deposit of funds will also be made to the destination city’s treasury.
- A player may also opt to deliver a completed trade order to Slim the Fence for rewards including,
- A forged pardon
- A skeleton key
- a random 1.0 SoT
- A rare chance at “An Expired Voucher for a Free Drink at the Fortune’s Fire Casino”
- A rare chance at “Forged Artwork from King Blackthorn’s Castle”
- A rare chance at “Slim the Fence’s Little Black Book”
- An rare chance at “Slim’s Shadow Veil”
- A uber shadow colored leather mempo
- Faster Casting 1
Global Loot Changes
All magical items (weapons, armor, and jewelry) will now spawn with properties generated via new loot property generation. These include items found,
- On Monsters
- In SoS Chests
- In Treasure Chests
- In Dungeon Chests
- In Khaldun Puzzle Chests
- From Dredging Hooks
- From Quest rewards
- Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot.
- Loot obtained from Dungeon Chests and Khaldun Puzzle Chests will have loot influenced with a random luck value between 0 and 240.
- Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.
- The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items:
- Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item
- Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed
- Massive – Increased strength requirement
- Unwieldy – Increased item weight
- Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed
- Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
- Items spawned with the brittle property will have a default max durability of 255.
- All items with the ephemeral property will be converted to antique.
- Items will have at maximum 1 negative property applied to them.
- Item insurance will now scale up based on item intensity.
- Magical jewelry (rings and bracelets) will now have a default max durability of 255.
- Additional monster loot items will be spawned based on party size and luck.
Cleanup Britannia Additions/Updates:
We have added several new Cleanup Britannia Rewards to the Cleanup Officers including the following:
- Mailbox (1000 points)
- 3 types of decorative mushrooms (1000 points each)
- Primordial Decay – Elemental Slayer Instrument (20,000 points)
- Arachnid Doom – Arachnid Slayer Instrument (20,000 points)
- Presentation Stone (a pedestal that can be dyed with Tokuno dyes, natural dyes or a furniture dye tub) (75,000 points)
- Vibrant Ocher Pigment (250,000 points)
- Olive Green Pigment (250,000 points)
- Lucky Charm (Talisman – Hit Point Regeneration 1, Stamina Regeneration 1, Mana Regeneration 1 and Luck 150) (300,000 points)
- Soldier’s Medal (Talisman – Tactics +10, Stamina Regeneration 2, Hit Chance Increase 5% and Damage Increase 20%) (300,000 points)
- Duelist’s Edge (Talisman – Anatomy +10, Stamina Regeneration 2, Hit Chance Increase 5% and Damage Increase 20%) (300,000 points)
- Necromancer’s Phylactery (Talisman – Spirit Speak +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
- Wizard’s Curio (Talisman – Evaluate Intelligence +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
- Mystic’s Memento (Talisman – Focus +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
- Vollem Held in a Crystal (500,000 points)
We have also added many items to the Cleanup Britannia turn in list including the following:
- Covetous Artifacts (Blight of the Tundra, Bracelet of Protection, Brightblade, Hephaestus and Prismatic Lenses) (2,000 points)
- Despise Artifacts (Compassion’s Eye, Despicable Quiver, Hailstorm, Unforgiven Veil, Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals and Unicorn Mane Woven Talons) (2,000 points)
- Ararat Artifacts (Abhorrence, Captain Johne’s Blade, Craven, Equivocation and Pincer) (2,000 points)
- Exodus Artifacts and Replica Artifacts (Dupre’s Sword, Clockwork Leggings, Bracers of Alchemical Devastation (Replica), Asclepius (Replica) and Hygieia’s Necklace (Replica) (2,000 points)
- Items bearing the crest of Minax (1,000 points)
- Ararat stealables (Ararat Anchor, Ararat Bell, Ararat Figurehead) (750 points)
- Golden Fishing Pole and Golden Tinker Tool Kit (500 points)
- 2014 Valentine’s Day Kittens and Puppies (400 points)
- 2013 Carved Pumpkins (400 points) (1,400 points for the two rare pumpkins)
- 2013 Heads on a spike (300 points) (6,000 points for the rare head on a spike)
- 2013 Pumpkin Carving Kits and 2013 Carvable Pumpkin (200 points)
- Pig on a Spit Deed and Note from Cousteau (100 points)
- 2014 Chocolate Jelly Beans, 2014 Easter Basket, 2013 Lobster Dinner, 2013 Holiday Candle, 2013 Deed for a Claw Foot Tub, 2013 Alacrity Deed Scroll Book, 16th Anniversary Gift Bag, 16th Anniversary Venus Flytrap, 16th Anniversary Staghorn Fern, 16th Anniversary Japanese Maple, 16th Anniversary Dieffenbachia, 16th Anniversary Plant Deed, 16th Anniversary Platter, 16th Anniversary Card, 16th Anniversary Pony Statuette (50 points)
- 2014 Easter Bunny (50 points) (1,000 points for the rare location)
- 2014 Marshmallow Ducklings (1 point)
Increased the number of uses on each Cleanup Britannia slayer instruments from 250 use to 450 uses.
Players will no longer receive turn in points for ephemeral items.
Players will now be able to combine similar Tokuno style pigments up to a maximum of 50 uses by double clicking the first pigment and then targeting the second pigment to combine them.
- Special Move: Dismount mana cost increased to 25 from 20. Ranged dismount now lasts 4 seconds while melee remains at 10 seconds.
- Players that use AOE special attacks will no longer become aggressive to their own pets
- All Despicable Quivers and Unforgiven Veils will now be blessed by default.