Publish Notes from 2014-11-19
Publish Notes from 2014-11-19
Publish 88.2 World Wide 11/19/2014
Posted on November 19, 2014 by UO Dev Team
Starting this afternoon, the Japanese shards will get Publish 88 during their normal maintenance cycle. Please remember that this causes problems with character transfers until we have all the shards on the same server version.
On behalf of myself, and the UO Team, we would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. The office will be closed (except for GM coverage) on November 27th and 28th.
The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.
- Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.
- Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.
- Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:
- Grizzly Bear
- Gray Wolf
- Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.
- The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.
- Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.
- Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.
- If a submission has the greatest wormeasurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.
- If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.
- If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.
- Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.
- The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.
- Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,
- A Harvester’s Blade
- A Horn of Plenty
- A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion
- A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
- Leaderboards have been added to VvV.
New Horn of Plenty Items
- A new house plant has been added to the Cornucopia.
- The house plant must be locked down to grow.
- The house plant will grow each day on server up.
- Once the house plant has reached its full growth state, it will produce fruit.
- Fruit can be harvested from the house plant by double clicking on it.
- House plants are maintenance free.
2014 Holiday Items
Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
- New green, blue, or gold fireplace.
- Fireplaces can be ignited and doused by double clicking on the center piece.
- A grinder that can be used to grind various plant products.
- A steam powered beverage maker that can be used in conjunction with the cooking system to create new items listed in the “Beverage” section of the cooking menu.
- A Power Scroll Book
- The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.
- The book be must locked down in a house in order to add scrolls.
- Stat power scrolls cannot be added to the book.
The following items have been added as new vet rewards,
- 1 Year
- Flesh Renderer Statuette
- 2 Year
- Crystal Elemental Statuette
- 3 Year
- Dark Father Statuette
- 4 Year
- Platinum Dragon Statuette
- 7 Year
- Sewing Machine & Smithing Press
- The Sewing Machine & Smithing Press are house-addons that can be used in conjunction with the tailoring and blacksmithy skill, respectively.
- The machines will hold 5000 charges of their respective tools.
- Add charges to the Sewing Machine by dropping sewing kits on the stool.
- Add charges to the Blacksmith Press by dropping smith’s hammers, sledge hammers, or tongs on the crates.
- Runic, Ancient, or specialty crafting tools cannot be added to the power tools.
- Security can be set on the power tool to limit who can use and deposit tools into the attached stool or crates.
- 15 Year
- Ethereal Hell Hound Mount