2012-09-26: The Anniversary Party is Closing In
The Anniversary Party is Closing In
Posted Sep 26, 2012 17:05:06 EST by Kai Schober on the UO Herald.
Everyone here is very excited to get the party started. Official beginning on Saturday is 10:30am EDT. When you arrive at 4035 Ridge Top Road please come to the 2nd floor (just follow the smell of fresh brewed coffee, we will also have tea for those that do not drink coffee)
Ultima Online’s 15th Anniversary Party Itinerary
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Greet players and have coffee and donuts
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm – Welcome Speeches
- 12:00pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch and cake
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm – Special guest – question and answer period
- 2:20 pm - 4:00 pm – Dev Q&A –Open discussion about what direction the team is going and where the players would like us to go.
- 4:00pm - 5:30 pm – Give always and opening EA store (credit cards only please)
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm – Happy hour at Marlin and Rays
For those that cannot be with us: We will stream the afternoon on UStream in the BioHerald channel, starting at 1:30pm EDT. Please join us if you have a few moments.
On a different note, we are putting out a publish and patch today to fix the loyalty decay. Below is a breakdown of exactly how it was addressed:
- The buffer will be increased to 40 hours from 36, and will use a different method to track the daily rollover for decay. Before doing point decay for loyalty and virtues, the system will check to see if the player has logged in or logged out in the last 40 hours of real time.
- If the "moons align" to prevent decay, the decay timers will be correctly updated. This will prevent a "catch-up" of missed decay.
- For City Loyalty, the decay prevention will now only work for the city's Love. Notoriety and Hatred values from cities will always decay. The decay prevention will instead only prevent cities' Love for you from decaying.
We are also publishing out the Halloween surprises it will run from October 1st to November 12th, so make sure you visit the pumpkin patches and the graveyards for a ghoulish experience.
For those driving please have a safe drive and we all look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!