Patch Notes from 1998-01-29
Patch Notes from 1998-01-29
- Tags, like [frozen] and [invulnerable] will now appear over those who are affected in those ways.
- The "internal error" problem with shopkeepers should be fixed.
- A client crash in the trading window will be fixed.
- You can no longer open containers that are being traded to you. Instead, you must get your trading partner to open them for you. When they open a container they are offering to you in the trading window, it will open on your screen.
- Notoriety query will now trigger from targeting on speech and names.
- The advancement rate on tactics should be faster.
- The problem with certain skills (particularly anatomy, parrying, animal lore, alchemy, and others) atrophying faster than others will be resolved.
- A bug in magic resistance was fixed.
- All field spells now flag the caster as criminal for the duration of the field.
- Only keys in your inventory will be usable.
- Runes marked under houses will no longer work.
- Jhelom will gain a bulletin board.
- The problems with target highlighting should be resolved.
- You will no longer be able to teleport into Wind.
- You will no longer be able to recall while overloaded. This is because of three reasons. First, it was being abused by those who used recall as a way to travel between dungeons and the like, whilst too encumbered to move--particularly playerkillers. Second, it was a common way of cleaning a house that was broken into. Lastly, recalling across server boundaries whilst overloaded with large amounts of items made for slower crossing of the boundary, and thus server load and lag.
- The detect hidden skill will gain the ability to detect trapped items.
- The dungeon populations are being revamped to give each dungeon more of a 'theme.' Expect to see hellhounds, skeletal mages, skeletal warriors, new kinds of elementals, elder dragons, and much more.
- The inscribe delay has been reduced to 10 seconds.
- Some methods of breaking into houses were fixed.
- Mage shopkeepers now buy wands
- The mages of Britannia have reported that enchantment now appears on female armor as well as male armor.
- A new UO.CFG option has been added which lets you set whether or not you wish to have pathfinding available. If it is turned off, then double-right-clicking will do nothing.
- You can set it to yes, no, on, or off.
- Container capacity has been reduced by weight, and there is now also a container capacity limit based on number of items. If your container is full, you will just get a message saying you cannot put anything else in it. The maximum number of items in a container is now 400. A stack of items counts as only one item. Everything in nested containers does count! We realize that this change will require a change in the play style of many players, but it is necessary to provide you with better server performance. Our target is to eventually reduce to 100 items over the next few weeks. The weight limit is now 500 stones instead of 1000.
- Daemons are now more aggressive.
- Lanterns should now be sold.