Patch Notes from 2002-06-25
Patch Notes from 2002-06-25
We are releasing a client patch today, Tuesday, June 25th. While this patch is not the same thing as "Publish 16," it does make some special preparations for that publish.
Special note about Publish 16 and Enticement/Discordance: This patch replaces all labels & notations of "Enticement" within the game with "Discordance" (read more about Discordance here). While Discordance is not activated with this patch, however, it will not be activated until Publish 16 is released to the normal production shards; if you attempt to use the Discordance skill before that point you will still be using "Enticement," even though the label will now say "Discordance."
3D client only
- Animation issues with various models have been fixed.
- The 3D client will now only create up to 100 "Object Handles" (the labels that appear when pressing CTRL-SHIFT).
- The generic objects counter will now count ore and bones.
- The ability to add particle effects to equipped items has been added to support the upcoming Fire Steeds.
- A bug with polymorphing from male to female (and vice versa) has been fixed.
- A bug causing the loss of the size and position of the gameplay window when the client is running in a maximized window has been fixed.
- A bug with generic gump-windows (specifically, the crafting gump) has been fixed.
- Several minor issues with object highlighting have been resolved. There is a known issue with models potentially losing hue temporarily while playing the death animation.
- Support for pet ghosts added.
- A bug that was causing the model brightness setting to not be saved and restored properly has been resolved.
Both 2D and 3D clients
- Some new creatures were added to support Publish 16 content.
- The skill gain notification code is now more reliable.
- Both clients will now display the current number of a player’s "followers."
- Enticement has been relabeled as Discordance (although this skill will still act as Enticement until Publish 16 becomes active).
The current version should be 3.0.8j for both 2D and 3D game clients.
If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- If you are unable to connect to the patch server at all, and are using an original (Non-T2A) version of Ultima Online, you may need to update your verinfo file. For details on updating this file, please see the information posted at http://support.uo.com/tech_6.html.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.